How to Win a Free Trip to Sweden

Very few car advertisements really catch my attention anymore. I thought I’d seen every possible incentive on a new car, including a few buy-one-get-one-free offers.

This weekend, though, my wife and I were flipping through an airline magazine on the way to Los Angeles when we both saw a unique car ad. Soon we were talking about taking our next flight to Sweden, courtesy of Volvo.

volvo-c30

Volvo C30: your ticket to Europe?

The ad’s headline said, “Collect Your New Volvo in the Old World.” The promotion is this: Buy a new Volvo (at a savings of 8% to10%) and get two round-trip tickets to Gothenburg, Sweden, to take delivery of your new car directly from the factory. You can drive your car around Europe for as long as you want (one night’s free hotel is included), and then Volvo will ship the car to your local Volvo dealer at no additional cost.

That’s cool. Of course, I’m a huge skeptic of advertising and assumed there was some kind of catch involved, like the offer only applies to a $50,000 XC90. When I looked up the website at home, though, I was surprised to see the offer even applies to a $24,000 C30.

Too good to be true? It sure seems like a genuine offer, and one that few car companies could make work; I can’t really imagine Ford inviting Europeans to Detroit for a magical getaway!

In these times of economic problems and sagging car sales, Volvo may have a winning offer. Only time will tell, though, if the offer is good enough to sell some cars.

Would a free trip to Europe influence you to buy a Volvo? What free gift might inspire you to buy a new car right now?

-tgriffith



Related posts:



Related posts:



Share this post!

Bookmark and Share

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий